Team Rule and Expectations
Age requirements for swim team members are from 5 years of age to 18 years of age. To be eligible to be on the swim team, the swimmer must not be affiliated or practicing with a year round swim program for a period of 90 days before participating with our program. If the swimmer is affiliated with a year round program they need to provide a signed waiver by their coach indicating the last day they were in the water with that program. The swimmer must be in good standing with their school at the completion of the school year (e.g. no expulsions, or illegal actions). Swimmers must conduct themselves in an exemplary manner at all times.
1. Cooperate with Coaches and other adult helpers.
2. Be on time for swim practices.
3. Attend all practices unless excused by Coach. Failure to do so will forfeit swimming in a meet. A written note to the Coach from a parent is required for all missed practices.
4. Provide prior written notification when missing a meet.
5. Pick up all trash off the pool deck, park grounds at practices and meets.
There shall be:
1. NO leaving the swimming pool area during practice and meets.
2. NO roughhousing on the pool deck.
3. NO inappropriate language or behavior.
4. The pool deck is limited to Board members, swimmers and the coach ONLY during practice hours.
On the first infraction, the offender will receive a verbal warning from their Coach. On the second infraction, there will be a written warning, which will need to be signed by the parents. On the third infraction, a meeting between swimmer, parents, coaches, and swim team Board will be conducted to decide a course of action. If swimmer fails to comply or cannot show restraint, dismissal is automatic. Incidents of smoking, alcohol, drugs and theft will result in immediate dismissal from the Team.